Blue Breakfast Tart
Whether you need a dessert or brunch recipe, this blue tart is perfect! Plus the lime juice gives it a kick that still makes it feel like summer!
– 2 cups of almonds
– 8 pitted dates
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp of sea salt
– 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
– 1/2 cup of soaked cashews
– 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (I like @traderjoes brand best)
– 1/3 cup of maple syrup
– 3 tbsp of fresh lime juice
– 1 tsp of agar agar (can use gelatin if not vegan)
– 2 tsp of butterfly pea powder @suncorefoods
1. Make raw crust by adding all crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until sticky mixture is formed.
2. Press crust into tart pan and put in freezer to garden slightly
3. Make filling by adding all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until mixture is completely smooth. (It’s important to soak the cashews for at least 6 hours or flash soak for 2 for the best texture/result!)
4. Pour filling into chilled crust and place in fridge for 2 hours.
5. Top with fresh berries and serve!