Chocolate Chip Scones
Feeling inspired by my favorite new cookbook 🤗 Cauliflower Power by @thetoastedpinenut has all kinds of delicious recipes… especially since cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables!
I made my own twist on her Scone recipe and they turned out AMAZING!! So yummy and you’d never believe they have a whole head of cauliflower.
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp of vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
– 3 1/2 cup of almond flour
– 3/4 cup of tapioca flour
– 1 tbsp of baking powder
– 1 tsp of sea salt
– 2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1 stick of butter (sub vegan butter if dairy free)
– 1 cup of mini chocolate chips
1. Chop and Steam the cauliflower until soft (6-10 min)
2. Add steamed cauliflower, eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to food processor and pulse until batter is smooth
3. In a separate bowl combine 2 cups of almond and tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
4. Chop softened butter and add it to flour mixture slowly.
5. Add in last cup of almond flour and press together with spatula or clean hands so it’s no longer crumbly
6. Place dough in freezer for 20 min and preheat oven to 375
7. Remove dough from freezer and form into circle in the middle of baking sheet
8. Cut the scones into 12